What I love about a timber frame base is that it allows plenty of air flow, therefore the timber will never rot even if left untreated.
A timber frame base also:
- Can be moved.
- Is truly a temporary structure which is great in certain circumstances.
- Is very easy to create a level base in very unlevel areas.
- Is a cheap solution in inaccessible areas for concrete.
- Cheap overall.
- If subsidence occurs you can simply jack up the area concerned and re-pin.
- A good system when flooding occurs naturally and does not affect it’s environment.
Please see this page for more information on Timber Frame Bases for Log Cabins
Answers to most questions can also be found by typing into the search bar in the widget or our info center or please contact us to help you further with any questions you have.