What I love about a timber frame base is that:
- It can be moved.
- It’s truly a temporary structure which is great in certain circumstances.
- It allows air flow and therefore the timber will never rot even if it’s not treated.
- It’s very easy to create a level base in very unlevel areas.
- It’s a cheap solution in inaccessible areas for concrete.
- Cheap overall.
- If subsidence occurs you can simply jack up the area concerned and re-pin.
- A good system when flooding occurs naturally and does not affect it’s environment.
Please see this page for more information on Timber Frame Bases for Log Cabins
Answers to most questions can also be found by typing into the search bar in the widget or our info center or please contact us to help you further with any questions you have.