For a normal log cabin, you only require basic tools. Larger, more complicated log cabins may need additional tools. You will at least need:
- Hand Saw
- Screwdriver – A powered screw driver will help with an assortment of bits including Torx and posidrive.
- Heavy Rubber mallet – Two is ideal.
- Spirit level – at least four foot long.
- Measuring tape
- Ladders / step ladders / scaffold / Harnesses.
- Wood Clamps and possibly sash clamps / ratchet straps for larger builds.
- Plane / powered or hand for trimming and final finishing at the apex or where the pent roof joins at the walls
- Power tools are useful such as drill, saw or jigsaw.
- Wood glue and pins may also be useful.
For more information please see our Log Cabin Installation Advice Page
Answers to most questions can also be found by typing into the search bar in the widget or our info center or please contact us to help you further with any questions you have.